How much time do you spend on social media? Do you want to make some money during that time? While it won’t be a ton of cash – it adds up over time – and it really just takes a few minutes a day. And you don’t have to be a blogger either. So read below for my easy tips on how to make money using social media. And there’s affiliate links included – what would a post about making money be without them?!
How to Make Money Using Social Media
- Share Affiliate Links: As a review blogger I’ve worked with lots of companies that I love…..and that I love to share. Many companies and online stores have affiliate programs set up that allow you to make a percentage of a sale if the customer came from a link you shared. They key here is to only really share things you have tried, love, and would genuinely recommend. And it’s so easy to share links on Facebook and Twitter – with most companies offering easy one click sharing. My favorite affiliate programs include Amazon, Boba, Kelly’s Closet, Diaper Junction, and Ellie. All places I shop and whose products I use.
- Share Referral Links: Very similar to affiliate links, referral links give you money or store credit for “referring” people through your unique link. So instead of making a percentage of the sale, you get a flat rate. And again – make sure you’re sharing things you actually like and/or use. My favorites include Zulily ($20 credit per referral), Citrus Lane ($10 credit per referral), and FabKids (free outfit for every 2 referrals).
- Sponsored Tweets: If you’re active on twitter you might want to look into participating in Sponsored Tweets – a form of advertisement on Twitter. After you sign up for the program you’ll be able to apply for campaigns that suit your preferences and as always make sure what you are advertising makes sense for you. Sponsored Tweets pays a flat rate and pays per click. Just don’t go overboard – you don’t want your whole twitter feed to be an ad!
- Swag Bucks - While not technically a social media site, Swag Bucks is a great way to earn some extra money by doing the same things you already do online. You can earn “swag bucks” for shopping, using search engines, answering questions, watching videos, etc. Then you can exchange your Swag Bucks for gift cards to some popular places like Starbucks, Target, Amazon, etc.
- Yappem: A new social sharing site that lets you share your opinions (both good and bad) about products and brands in exchange for gift cards. You can connect your Yappem account with your other social media sites for an even greater reach. You earn “coins” for posting your thoughts, completing missions (like predicting sports wins), and even just logging in. I’m still testing this one out, but it seems promising.
What ways do you make money using social media? All the ways listed about are so easy and don’t take any time at all.