***This giveaway is no longer accepting entries. Read on for Essential Oil for digestion below.***
I don’t typically suffer from tummy troubles (thanks no dairy!), but I do get crazy heartburn when I’m pregnant. I absolutely despise taking medications - and doubly so when with child. It would have been a lifesaver to have known about essential oils with my last pregnancy. If there’s a next time – I’ll definitely be stocking up on these essential oils for digestion below.
Essential Oils for Digestion
- Peppermint: If you’re having any digestive upsets you definitely want to reach for peppermint first. That must be why there’s always little peppermint candies at restaurants! Known to help relax the digestive track (think gas relief), calm irritable bowel syndrome, ease stomach cramps (and menstrual cramps, too!), and help with diarrhea and constipation.
- Ginger: Best known for easing nausea during pregnancy, it’s also good for heartburn, and other digestive discomforts.
- Fennel: Helps stimulate the digestive system to help ease gas, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Tarragon: It’s gross to think about but it helps to fight off intestinal worms. You’ll definitely feel better after those are gone!
- Clove: Also helps to relax the digestive track helping to eliviate gas, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- And many more: Lemon, Grapefruit, Nutmeg, Cumin, Spearmint, Caraway, Coriander, Anise, etc.
- Use an Oil Blend for Ease: Instead of taking each of these oils separetely, it’s beneficial to take a blend of some common oils to ease digestion like doTERRA’s DigestZen that I was sent to review.
The doTERRA DigestZen Blend comes in a 15ml bottle and includes some of the best known digestive aids – ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander and anise. You can take DigestZen internally (1 drop in 4 oz of liquid), aromatically (in a diffuser), or topically (combine with a carrier oil and rub on your stomach). Since I’m not currently pregnant and don’t have heartburn, I tried it out on some little tummy upsets just to see some results. Normally I would have just suffered through. First off, not a fan of the smell. It’s quite strong, but if you’re in lots of digestive stress then it’s something you’ll just have to deal with. Taste wise it’s less potent and didn’t really bother me. I was skeptical, but it did ease my stomachache after about 15 minutes. So I’ll definitely be reaching for this again instead of over the counter stuff.
All doTERRA essential oils are 100% pure CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils and are extracted using low heat steam distillation (in most cases). All the oils in the blend are safe to take topically, internally (like in a glass of water), and use aromatically (you can smell it straight from the bottle, add a few drops to a handkerchief, or use in a diffuser).
How do you handle tummy upsets? If you have frequent troubles then you might want to look into essential oils for digestion.
You can purchase doTERRA DigestZen, like the one I reviewed, on the My Natural Family Website for $35.99. That’s a decent savings from the retail value of $41.33.
One lucky According to Jenny reader is going to win a bottle of doTERRA DigestZen to help ease their tummy troubles!
Enter below using the rafflecopter form. The first entry is mandatory and then the rest of the entries are optional, but will greatly increase your chances of winning! You can view my official giveaway rules here. Good Luck!
US/CAN, 18+, Ends 9/13/13
***This giveaway is no longer accepting entries.***
Winner: Jackee K.
The product I reviewed and the giveaway prize was provided by My Natural Family and will be shipped to the winner by My Natural Family. All opinions expressed are my honest opinions based on my personal experiences. If you own a blog and would like to run a giveaway like this, check out their blogger program. The information in this post is for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your health practitioner to discuss your questions concerning the use of essential oils.