Do you have trouble finding motivation to work out? I know I do. I’m so busy with 2 kids that it so rarely crosses my mind these days. I don’t have any need to lose weight (thanks breastfeeding!), but I do need to tone up my midsection. These 5 exercise motivators below have helped me in the past – so it’s time to get started again!
5 Exercise Motivators
1. MUSIC - I cannot get through a workout without music! It has the ability to get you pumped up or relaxed depending on what you choose. Make a fun playlist the night before so you can look forward to listening to your favorite songs while you work out the next day.
2. FRIENDS - Having someone to work out with is key to staying on track. Enlist some friends or your significant other to be your workout partner. You’ll have someone to talk to and your work out will go by so fast.
3. YOUR KIDS - Being healthy and active for my kids always gets my butt in gear to work out. I want to be able to run around WITH them instead of sitting and watching.
4. PINTEREST - Say what? Just search for “exercise motivation” and you’ll see why. You’ll find a ton of photos, motivational quotes, tips, and challenges to keep you motivated and on track.
5. CUTE CLOTHES - What better reason to work out than to wear a new outfit? Getting new workout clothes always gets me in the mood to do some yoga or go for a bike ride. I recently got some new workout clothes (for review) from Ellie and I’m loving how they make me feel and look. It’s the perfect exercise motivation for me. And they even have their own 30 Day Challenge!
Ellie is a relatively new company that’s creating fashionable activewear for women. Not only are their clothes unique and stylish – but they come out with a new set every month! Such a great way to keep you motivated to work out. I think it’s a great way to reward yourself for staying on track each month. I love new clothes, so it works great for me!
I choose 2 pieces from their Love, Ellie Collection which debuted in February (you can still purchase some of these pieces). I choose the Kiss Me Capri and the Forget Me Not Top – and I love them both. I wear them even when I’m not working out. They’re THAT comfortable.
The Kiss Me Capri is black with a bright pink and mesh double waist band that sits right at your waist. The fabric is very soft, stretchy, and just very, very comfortable. The fabric is moisture-wicking, chafe-resistant, breathable, and has four-way stretch. I ordered a size small and they fit me PERFECTLY – like a glove. The sizing is similar to what I wear in other brands, so it seems true to size.
The Forget Me Not Top is bright pink and matches the waist band on the Kiss Me Capri’s. I love that all their monthly collections are color coordinated so you can mix and match pieces to suit your style. It’s a basic tank from the front, but it’s got a really nice cut out design in the back. It has a shelf bar to provide support since you can’t wear a bra with it. I’m a 32C and found it to be plenty supportive for low impact exercise (walking, yoga, gym), but it’s not enough for me to run in. I just need a little more support. As with the Capri’s – the fabric is chafe-resistant, breathable, has four-way stretch, and fits true to size.
Both pieces have washed very well. I’ve had them for a few months and they still look brand new. They’re just as bright and have retained their original shape. The stitching is high quality and I haven’t had any loose threads or unraveling. They’re definitely high quality pieces and worth the price.
What are your exercise motivators? Do you reward yourself with new clothes, too?
You can purchase the Kiss Me Capris and the Forget Me Not Top, like the ones I reviewed, on the Ellie Website for $54.95 and $44.95, respectively.
You can choose to purchase pieces individually OR you can sign up for their Fit Fashionista Club Monthly Subscription. You’ll get to pick 2 pieces each month for $49.99. That’s a HUGE savings compared to buying the pieces separately. Too busy to pick out your items? They’ll surprise you based on the answers from your style quiz. And if you click on the affiliate banner above, you can get 20% off!