I have such a fun and easy project for you today – masking tape canvas art for kids! Your kids are going to love it – and even toddlers, too! Grady’s not quite 3 and he did a fantastic job with this masking tape canvas art project.
Masking Tape Canvas Art
- Canvas – any size will do. I happened to have an 8×10 in my craft box waiting to be used.
- Masking Tape or Painters Tape
- Paint – any colors you choose. I limited my toddler to yellow, blue, green, and white.
- Paint supplies – brushes, paint cups, water cups, newspaper, etc. – I repurposed the Earth’s Best Baby Food Jars and Lids that I received as an Earth’s Best Blogger to hold my paint and water.
How – To
- Set up your painting area. This is especially important when you’re painting with toddlers. I set everything up while Grady had a snack.
- Pre-tape your letter. I made a letter G for Grady. Afterwards, I realized it probably would have looked better if I did it with all straight lines instead of trying to make it curved. Next time!
- Let your kid paint! Just have them paint all over the canvas.
- Let dry.
- Peel off paint to reveal your letter.
- Touch up as needed. Once it dries completely, you may want to go back in with white paint and touch up where any colored paint bled through the tape.