Haley is now almost 7 months old and I’ve long since packed away the newborn cloth diapers. I thought about selling them – but Eric actually talked me out of it! Crazy – you would think he would want me to get rid of some. I don’t think he realizes he’s supporting my cloth diaper addiction! If you want to see what was in my stash and for lots of tips – you can look here, here, here, and here. Oh, and here’s a post I wrote for the Diaper Shops Blog.
Well, when we decide to have our third child, I’ll definitely be going through and weeding them out. I bought a large variety so I could try different things and there’s some in there that I ended up not caring for. So I’ll sell them and but more of what I did like. And I’ll just buy more in general. I had 36, but I still felt like I could have used another 6. There were some days where I was really cutting it close!
As of right now, here’s my take on the best newborn cloth diapers. Of course, things may change down the line – like new brands on the market!
1. bumGenius Newborn: These diapers gave me the best fit. They were trim and easy to put on. My only complaint is that they weren’t the most absorbant. I had 1 in my stash and I’ll definitely be getting a few more. They were the best to carry in the diaper bag though!
2. Tot Bots Tini Fit: These were the softest! Pretty absorbant, too. I loved the fit I got around the legs. My only draw back was that the “tongue” was hard to stuff back in.
3. Fuzzibunz XS: I loved these. The absorbency was great. I had one in snaps and one in aplix. The snaps were by far my favorite. The aplix tabs curled pretty quickly. Both were easy and quick to get on.
4. Bummis Prefolds: I used Green Mountain Diapers Prefolds and they were really good, but I’d like to add a few more and try out a different brand. I have some Bummis toddler sized prefolds and I like them, so I’m thinking their newborn ones are probably similar. Prefolds were my life saver. It was so nice to have a huge stack!
5. Covers: I wish I would have had more covers in general. The Rumparooz Newborn Cover was by far my favorite though. Plus, it fit for a long time. Way past when I packed up the newborn diapers. It got a lot of use.
What do you think are the best newborn cloth diapers? Never cloth diapered a newborn? You should give it a try with the giveaway below!
Kelly’s Closet is giving you the chance to win 6 newborn cloth diapers, a wet bag, and a pack of cloth wipes in their Blogger Blessingway Giveaway! Enter below and then feel free to browse the blogs on the linky for lots of tips on cloth diapering a newborn! Want another chance to win? Visit their Facebook Page for their Virtual Blessingway. Lots of newborn fluff to win!
*This giveaway is no longer accepting entries.*
Winner: Jessica A.
I’ve received no compensation for this post – just wanted to share an awesome giveaway with you!